Into the Soul - Spiritual Poetry

These poems are what arrive when I invite that "something deeper" to speak - that blessed madness that spins planets and curls toes. Feel free to share your thoughts on them. (...and thanks for all the great feedback. I don't always have time to comment back -- but know that I am most grateful!)

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Perspective

I stood there
in the lobby
eyes bloodshot

worn out

cinematic
screams,
blood,
betrayal

deceit
bitterness
cruelty

death

is it over?
am I safe?

now,
outside -
the sweet
cool
air

and a tree
comforting
parked cars

somewhere,
a laughing beach
no one ever colored
with time,
makes birds
and blue
skies

now,
outside -
the soul
comforts
the body

the way
mothers do

the way
fathers do

with a story
or a warm
blanket

now,
outside -

the vast vast

vast

Ocean

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home