Into the Soul - Spiritual Poetry

These poems are what arrive when I invite that "something deeper" to speak - that blessed madness that spins planets and curls toes. Feel free to share your thoughts on them. (...and thanks for all the great feedback. I don't always have time to comment back -- but know that I am most grateful!)

Sunday, January 15, 2006

The Moment I Gave Up Trying

It was a Sunday,
I think

There were just too many
loose ends chanting me
down, accosting me
like beggars

encircling me

I felt like a clown
in one of those
Fellini movies -

out of place

a somewhat
surreal presence
in my own life

There I sat,
head in hand

as if looking
out over a
precipice

"That's it!
I Give Up!"

A funny five
words, don't
you think?

Not much on
their own

Like the gesture
a demolitionist
uses to cue
the explosives

The bottom
floors were
first to go...

the daily
to-do's,
impending
emergencies,
the way my hair
looked

then, the
bigger things -

like
loyalty,
sense of place,
purpose, direction,
security

sense of self

Yep, that's the one...

"sense of self"

everything got
real quiet after that.

then,

the distant
flapping of wings

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home